Since NYC Mayor and Castro-on-the-Hudson Michael Bloomberg began his assault on the common law right of personal defense, I initially thought he was a well-intentioned but misguided Democrat, like so many others Democrats I meet.
Watching the interview below, I changed my opinion of Bloomberg. He's not well-intentioned. He's a power drunk dictator. He's been so surrounded by yes-men that even basic counterpoints are never made to him, and he doesn't know how weak his arguments are. Please note the following as you watch the video below:
- The national conversation about guns is "long overdue" according to whom? Cynthia McFadden, of course.
- The NRA is so powerful that they are keeping the government from doing anything on guns, but they are also just wimps that couldn't get Obama ousted from office. Which is it, exactly?
- The Sandy Hook massacre is a result of actions the NRA has taken, according to Bloomberg. I'm sorry, was there an NRA rep assisting Adam Lanza? How did the news miss THAT?
- "The public" isn't going to let the NRA get in the way anymore, according to Bloomberg. By what authority does Bloomberg appoint himself speaker for "the pulbic" and exclude the three million-plus NRA members from being part of that public?
- Bloomberg claims you can buy armor-piercing rounds to kill cops. There are no pistol rounds available to the public that are designed to penetrate armor. Instead, there the body armor varies in the degree to which is will stop a bullet. Some body armor will not even stop a weak 9mm pistol round.
- Bloomberg takes Obama to task for signing into a law a bill that allows you to carry a gun in a National Park-- "where our kids play." Mr. Mayor, did it occur to you that there are bears whose kids also play in those parks? Do you think an American should be able to defend against wildlife attacks in a national park? Why or why not?
- I've saved the most egregious part in which Bloomberg opines that you only deserve to kill the deer if you can do it in less than three shots (Mommy, why is there a maimed deer in our backyard?), and demonstrates that he (STILL!) doesn't know what SEMI-AUTOMATIC means and that the machine guns he thinks he's stopping have already been largely regulated out of existence.